General Information on your Privacy
- We will never sell your personal information or share it with external sources for their marketing purposes.
- We will not keep your information stored in our databases for an unlimited amount of time once you delete it.
Sharing cultural enriching content
- In order to share with others the richness of your own culture, Munduslingua has created the so-called Mundusgroups. These are spaces where you can find a library of videos and other interactive material made public to everyone including unregistered users. Mundusgroups organize videos in five (5) main subjects in connection with each country, i.e. culture, demographics, history, language and tourism. When clicking on any of these five categories, you will be able to watch the collection of videos which different users around the globe have uploaded in connection with the chosen subject. For example, you could browse for videos on how to prepare various dishes from India. This could be found, for instance, in the Mundusgroup “India” in the category “Cuisine” under “Culture.”
- You must have an account on Munduslingua in order to upload videos but you must not be part of our community to view videos from the Mundusgroups.
- There will be one sole Mundusgroup per country and users will not be able to create other groups. However, you can to create categories, i.e. add new subjects and class them under other already existent subjects. Subthemes are thought to help users class their videos in a more organized and subject-oriented, precise manner. New subthemes will enable you to add a new subject or idea so that other users, including yourself, can organize videos better.
- Different users may create categories that are alike. In order to prevent users from creating hundreds of subthemes that refer all to a common idea making contents in our libraries scattered and difficult to be found, Munduslingua has developed a system for name identification. This system will point you out if the category you intend to create is somehow similar to other already existent subthemes. In that case, consider adding your videos under other already existent categories or, if you are sure your subtheme introduces a new, separate idea, change its name and try again.
- Although point (D) allows users to create and name their categories, Munduslingua will reserve the right to change at all times the names of all subjects and subthemes in case we consider it necessary, and you will agree to be bound to this policy. In such cases the modifications made by us will neither be changeable nor irrevocable.
Your account & How we use your information
- In order to upload videos into the Mundusgroup you will need to create an account. For this you are required to enter some personal information such as full name, e-mail address and gender (optional). In addition you will need to create a username and give a proper password. Please understand that this information helps us protect your account from unauthorized access.
- When you use the services within Munduslingua, we keep track of and record information about your usage of the site. This includes, but not limited to, which Mundusgroups you join and belong to, which categories you create, all Munduswits (contacts) you add and/or delete, all documents uploaded to the “Hall of Works,” all personal information displayed on your profile, your deals with other users for the preparation and/or purchase of translations, the exchange of messages between you and other users and the frequency and size of data transfers.
- Any information or video that you decide to share freely may be collected and used by other users. This is why when you upload content such as videos, you may or not decide to link these with a given Mundusgroup. Please remember that videos that appear in the Mundusgroups can be seen by anyone, including non-Munduslingua users. If you prefer not to link your videos with any group, only you and your Munduswits (contacts) will be able to watch your videos by accessing your personal profile.
- Hall of Works: This space will enable you to upload documents that you desire to have translated into other languages. The documents will be collected by us and displayed publicly on our website so that translators can find them. Anything you upload into your Hall of Works will be available to anyone. Think of this service as a way of posting work possibilities for translators. Translators will browse a database of work opportunities, find the documents you upload to your Hall of Works and contact you in case they are interested in translating a particular document. From that moment on, if you and the translator make a deal, all statements from the Payment Policy will apply. You can also browse for translators yourself and contact them. More on this is also explained in the Payment Policy.
- Your personal information remains confidential at all times. We will not sell or share it for third party marketing purposes without your consent. However we may use this information for institutional or non-marketing purposes such as studies which permit us to offer you a better service, notify you of major changes on our website or for customer service reasons. If for some reason, you prefer not to receive any notifications from us, you can do so by disabling the notifications feature in your account settings.
In order to comply with the new EU GDPR ruling as of May 25, 2018, Munduslingua requests all users to acknowledge and accept the following information regarding the data we store and how it is handled:
- All personal data is stored in a dedicated server that is only used by Munduslingua and its derivative businesses Filmaroid, Traducciones Oficiales en Colombia and Web Media Translations. No third parties store or handle this information.
- All personal information that you voluntarily supply to us can easily be reviewed, updated or removed from your account. The deletion of data from your account means the deletion from our database and will no longer be available for Munduslingua. You can opt out of our network at any time by permanently closing your account through your settings.
- The moment you voluntarily decide to close your account, all your personal information, media files (photos, videos and audio), chat messages, inbox messages, friend lists, translation history and group activity registered within our database will be permanently removed and will no longer be available. We do not store personal data or any user activity history after the account has been closed.
- All the personal information we have stored in our database has been voluntarily provided by the user and he or she is able to modify and/or delete it at any time.
- All user information is used solely for website purposes concerning translations, cultural exchange within groups and users, user communications and profile activity.
- All sensitive information regarding credit cards and payment options are exclusively handled by PayPal via its secure platform and it is by no means stored in our server or database.
- Munduslingua does not track users or stores information from their devices or through the access of cameras or microphones. We only request access to your camera for the purpose of updating your profile image or access to your microphone when you voluntarily decide to send voice messages or leave a voice status.
- Munduslingua has never sold your personal information to third parties and will never do so under any circumstances.
- Munduslingua does not store or track your ip address in order to monitor your activity beyond our website.
- By default, Munduslingua is able to notify you of friend requests, translation jobs, new inbox-chat messages and group activities. If you do not wish to be notified of any activity regarding Munduslingua, you can disable all notifications through your account settings at any time.
Information about yourself available to all users
- All videos and their descriptions that you voluntarily decide to share in the Mundusgroups. Understand that all videos you upload will be at first private, i.e. visible only to your Munduswits through your profile. It is then up to you to decide which videos you wish to make public through the Mundusgroups. This can be done by adding the videos on your profile to the desired Mundusgroup under the desired subject.
- All files that you upload to your Hall of Works.
- In case someone who you might know is looking for you and types your name in the search field, your public profile will be available for them to decide whether or not you are the person they are looking for. The public profile will display the following information about yourself: full name, profile picture, city and/or country (if you indicate these in the “Profile” menu), languages you speak, all of your Munduswits, the Mundusgroups you are in and the files on your Hall of Works. Your videos and any other information or content you decide not to make public will be hidden.
- If you decide to activate the “I agree to offer my services as a translator” option, your full name, picture and rating will be available for all users searching for translators. You can deactivate or reactivate this option anytime by accessing the “Profile” menu on your profile. You may as well control here which information you display about yourself. Simply delete or add the information you wish to share with others.
You can decide at all times to remove any videos you have shared in the Mundusgroups. For this click on the “Videos” tab on your profile and remove the video(s) you wish to no longer share. Be aware that this will also remove a video entirely from Munduslingua. In such cases, all users, including your Munduswits, will no longer have access to this content. Upload the video again if you wish to share it with your Munduswits once more.
Dated: May 22, 2018